The International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence [IJCAI] Organization, in collaboration with the AI Journal, is pleased to announce the continuation of its Travel Grants Program for students, junior scientists and scientists attending IJCAI-09 to be held in Pasadena, California, USA, during July 11-17, 2009. The IJCAI-09 Travel Grants Program is sponsored in full by the IJCAI Organization and its Artificial Intelligence Journal (AIJ) Division. This year, the program is administered by the AAAI.
Due to limited availability of funds for the IJCAI Travel Grants Program, applicants, especially students, should first approach their local AI society for support before applying to IJCAI. Applicants should submit the IJCAI-09 Travel Grant Application form (and accompanying documents) via email attachment (preferred) or by fax to AAAI at email@example.com or +1-650-321-4457, no later than 20 April 2009. A decision will be sent by 30 April 2009.
In addition to contact information, the application should include:
- the status of the applicant (student, junior faculty, etc.) with evidence of existing interest and expertise in AI
- type of planned participation in the IJCAI-0-09 program (accepted technical session or workshop paper, etc.)
- an estimate of attendance costs
- the results of approaching the local AI Society for support
- whether any other sources of support are available to the applicant
- a case for support that includes reasons why IJCAI should make the grant to the applicant and
- a letter of support (for students only) from the applicant's advisor/head of department.
A post-conference report and receipts totaling the grant amount will be required after the conference in order to receive the grant. In the event that travel grant applications exceed available funds, preference will be given to students who have an accepted technical paper, and then to students who are actively participating in the conference in some way.
If electronic transfer of materials is not possible, please send hard copy to:
IJCAI-09 Travel Grants Program
445 Burgess Drive
Menlo Park, California, 94025
Tel: +1-650-328-3123, Fax +1-650-321-4457