Request for Proposals to Host the Joint IJCAI/ECAI 2018
International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI) and European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence (ECCAI) hereby invite proposals to host the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-18) joined with 23rd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI-18), which will be held in July or August 2018. These proposals will be evaluated by the IJCAI and ECCAI. A small number of finalists will be asked to prepare final proposals. The final selection of the IJCAI/ECAI 2018 site will be made at the ECAI-2014 in Prague, Czech Republic 2014.
Due to the multifaceted nature of the conference, it is important for cities that would like to host IJCAI/ECAI 2018 to submit draft proposals by July 1, 2013. A small number of finalists will be selected by the end of August 2013. The finalists will then prepare a very detailed proposal and submit to the IJCAI Executive Secretary on or before July 1, 2014.
The preliminary proposal should be short but provide sufficient details on the:
* Local AI organization, potential organizing committee and its Chair, and the primary contact person who will interact with IJCAI/ECCAI
* Budget estimates (including break-even figures) as a function of the expected number of participants
* Monetary support that the local committee expects to raise through various sponsorships (public and private)
* Logistics (flights and local transportation, etc), weather, etc.
* Potential conference venues, accommodations (hotels, student housing, etc) and their impact on the budget
A detailed list of required site information, a set of budget categories, and a list of selection criteria used to judge site proposals, are available from the IJCAI Executive Secretary.
Proposals will be evaluated in relation to a number of site selection criteria:
1. National, regional, and local AI community support.
2. National, regional, and local government and industry support, especially financial.
3. Appropriateness of proposed dates.
4. Adequacy of conference and exhibit facilities for the anticipated number of registrants (currently around 1,500).
5. Adequacy of residence accommodations and food services in a range of price categories and proximity to the conference facilities.
6. Adequacy of budget projections.
7. Accessibility, attractiveness, and desirability of proposed site.
8. Balance with regard to the geographical distribution of previous IJCAI conferences held in Europe and ECAI conferences.
This call is open to bidding AI societies/associations from Europe.
Draft proposals should be sent to the IJCAI Secretariat at email@example.com by July 1, 2013.
Communication by email is preferred. If necessary, proposals could be mailed to the address below.
IJCAI Executive Secretary
Vienna University of Technology
Institute of Discrete Mathematics and Geometry E104
Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10
Please allow 24 hours for electronic receipt confirmation from the IJCAI Secretariat!